Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag
Milk can become homemade ice cream in five minutes by using a Ziploc bag! This homemade, creamy treat is a summertime delight for kids of all ages.
What You’ll Need:
• 1 tablespoon sugar • 1/2 cup milk or half & half • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla • 6 tablespoons rock salt • 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc) • 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag • Ice cubes
4 Simple Steps
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add 6 tablespoons of rock salt. Seal the bag.
2. Put 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 tablespoon sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
3. Place the small pint-sized bag inside the large gallon-sized one, and seal it again carefully.
4. Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
Ice Cream in a Bag: The Scoop
The last step is to pull the smaller bag out of the larger one, wipe off the top of the small bag, and open it carefully. Enjoy!
A 1/2 cup milk will make about 1 scoop of ice cream, so double the recipe if you want more. But don’t increase the proportions more that that—a large amount might be too big for kids to pick-up because the ice itself is heavy.
- kyfarmgirls posted this